Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What to do?

What if you wrote the best book you could possibly write and no one bought it? What would you do?

By no means am I saying that Bound In Evil is the best book on the market right now. I have many, many friends who have great books out there that are not selling. All I'm saying is that Bound is probably the BEST book I could have written. The sad thing about it is, it's not selling right now. I have not sold one book on Barnes and Noble. Never have my books sold big on their site but not one? Amazon, only a handful of books have been sold. I still sell quite a few Fated Mates there, so what's the deal?

I have one ray of hope. Secret Cravings Publishing is hiring publicists to work with their authors. I'm going to be in the Northeast test group. The more money I make, the more money this person will make. So I'm hoping starting February 1, there is going to be someone out there focused on selling my book and leave me to the writing of them. Not with flat sales is there any ambition to continue writing the second or third book in the Bound series.

I'm not alone. I know a lot of people are just as frustrated as I am. Let's hope starting February 1st, things turn around.

MRD

3 comments:

  1. This career choice isn't for those who want to get rich that's for sure.
    Signed,
    One starving writer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Fallow Heart book hasn't sold one copy on B&N or aRe, and only 8 on amazon, plus one off the publisher's website. I thought it was better than some of my books that keep selling well, so...I have no idea what makes a book sell. I was worried it is being sold for too much money, but who really knows. I think Bound in Evil was AMAZING...if that makes you feel any better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo great excerpt and also wonderful thanks for the great giveaway!! So many great prizes!! Happy Valentine's Day!
    Happy Sunday
    Cheers
    mannouchkalegendre@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete