Monday, December 17, 2012

And the winner is...

The winner for the Five Favorite Things Blog Hop is Kimberly Holgate, according to random.org! She's the lucky winner of a copy of Irish Rising. I hope she enjoys it.

This weekend was a very productive weekend. I cleaned my house, especially the kitchen. I even had to get Mr. Marie involved in the washing and putting away the dishes. It was that big an undertaking! I'm not proud of it. I let everything go while I was finishing Bound in Evil.

The house is decorated for Christmas but unfortunately I can't seem to find the wreaths we put on the doors. This upsets me because we don't put up a Christmas tree because of the cats. My husband is afraid of choking  hazards with the cats.While he's going to be a great dad and always look for potential hazards, around Christmas it really sucks! I used to decorate a mean tree. I think of all my Disney ornaments laying in boxes and it just seems wrong.

Also a little disappointed that I didn't receive my first round of edits this weekend. I received a nice note from my copy editor on Tuesday stating, I would receive my edits by Sunday. Well, on Saturday morning when I hadn't heard from her, I decided to email. I didn't receive an answer until late last night. So obviously, no edits. She said she hadn't realized how long the book was and she was going slow and steady with the edits. Hmmmm... now when things are simply stated like that my mind races.

1. It is so bad that it needs A LOT of editing. I'll be the first one to admit I'm not the best editor. I can read, and read, and read. Most of the time, I'll not catch the problems because I read it as it's supposed to be read in my head instead of what's on the page.

2. She never mentioned anything about the content she read. Does she hate it? Does it suck? I've had good responses from people who have read pieces of it but...

Insecurities are buzzing right now. One of the reasons is that my editor in chief didn't read it when I submitted it. On one hand, she has faith in my ability and just sent if off to the editors. But what if it really sucks?

I guess I'm feeling a bit needy today. Yesterday was the hubby's birthday and it was great for him but a lot of planning on my part (and money). This year, he wanted high ticket items. I was able to give them to him because next year we will be focusing on paying for an adoption. I'm also trying to squeeze out one more trip to Disney in May. My entire family is going for my sister's 40th birthday celebration. I missed out on my own because of the rounds and rounds of IVF. I don't want to miss it now.

Time to get ready for work!!! Five more days until vacation, not that I'm counting. School is going to be a tense place today and that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

Peace out,
MRD

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Congrats to Kim. Lucky woman (mutter, mutter)

    Anyway, I'm absolutely positive your editor loved the story. I'm still crawling up a walls over here in Kansas, anxious to read the rest because the little teaser I saw was just that amazing!

    Hope your hubby's b-day went okay. My husband loves all the expensive stuff too! What is up with that?

    Have a good week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea when I'll be making my blog rounds again. But I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! May 2013 be better than 2012 for you!

    ReplyDelete