Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kick her to the curb?

I'm sorry that I've been neglecting this blog lately. I am feverishly trying to finish my new book before school starts which is in two weeks. So needless to say, "Casa Dufour" is a friggin' mess and poor Mr. Marie is surviving on take out and Ramen Noodles. But anyway...

I'm honestly shocked at all of the backlash that's happening over this Kristen Steward and Robert Pattinson "thing". I don't condone what she did but I'm surprised at the media attention it is getting and how she's being dropped from movies left and right. Here are some of my reason of why this amazes me.

1. The girl (and I do mean girl) is only 22 years old. She made a bad decision. If I could go back to my 22 year self, I would slap myself silly. Seriously, I would!!!

2. If Twilight wasn't such a media frenzy commodity, this wouldn't be more than a footnote. Oh gee, someone in Hollywood cheated on their boyfriend. Yawn... my cousin works for Access Hollywood. Trust me, it's only news because she is one half of one of the most beloved couples in YA history.

3. If Robert Pattinson was the one to cheat, would he be dropped from future movie roles. This girl is being dropped faster than a hot potato. I read this morning that she is being written out of the Snow White and the Huntsman sequel. It's no longer going to be about her but focusing on the Huntsman. Now I have a girl crush on Chris Hemsworth, so I'm good with this. But really...?

4. Let's talk about he 42 year old director who she cheated on him with. HE should have known better. HE is old enough to be her father. HE is married with children of his own. HE is also not being dropped as director for the sequel. Double standard, don't you think?

5. Her behavior has now made her the punchline for every comedian on the planet. Ok, I laugh too. The clip of Jon Stewart and Robert Pattinson eating ice cream and talking about breakups is really funny.

Maybe it's just me... move on to the next story.

MRD

1 comment:

  1. LOL!

    I'm sure it's a big deal to Robert Pattinson and the director's guy's wife. I feel bad for them. But yeah, I don't understand all the hoopla either. Everyone in Hollywood seems to act that way.

    I hadn't heard she'd been dropped from any movies. That's too bad.

    ReplyDelete