Monday, October 17, 2011

Reading again

Irish Rising is done for now and in the hands of my publisher. Let's have all things crossed that they'll like it and give me another contract!! If not, I hope at least they'll give me ideas on how to fix it and resubmit. Here's to hope!

Since I'm done with that book, I spent the weekend in one of the best ways possible. I spent it reading. In fact, I read four books this weekend and highly recommend all of them to you. They were:

Slade by Laurann Dohner
Valiant by Laurann Dohner
Mercury's War by Lora Leigh
Sweet Inspiration by Penny Watson

Sweet Inspiration is a new take on a Christmas story where not typical Santa has five sexy sons. This was the story about the oldest son Nicholas. He's torn between his love of baking (He runs the bakery.) and his duty to be the next Santa. Throw in a lovely baker who makes the best sugar cookies around and you have one heck of a story. Sweet Inspirations was a sweet convection that had you wishing you still believed in Santa, if only to meet one of his sexy sons! It was a great way to get lost in a book for a few hours. I also wanted to read this one before the next one in the series comes out next month. Can't wait!

Laurann Dohner is a favorite author of mine. I have many of her books. She tends to write them in series and for me as a reader, it has me jumping up and down. If I like the first book in the series than I'll bet you my Dunkin Donuts money that I'll buy the rest without even reading a blurb or excerpt. Her new series, New Species series, is about genetically altered humans. In a series of government experiments, human DNA has been spliced with animal DNA. These stories are all about how this new species is trying to find their own way after being liberated from the labs. She's taken a lot of heat because the story idea resembles Lora Leigh's Breed series (which I also read one this weekend. Hmmm... I might see a trend in my reading here!) For as many similarities it has to that series, it is also it's own identity. Let's face it, there really are only a few original stories in the romance genre. The rest of us are putting our own spin on them and it doesn't make them any less enjoyable to read. Heck, before meeting Penny Watson, I started a story about one of Santa's sons looking for love. It was immediately scrapped!

I must say I'm excited about started the next book in the Fated Mates series. The universe is going explode wide open! I hinted at the end of Liz and Dragon's story that something was happening, not all of the inhabitants of Earth are happy the sexy aliens are here to stay and taking human mates!

Have a good day all!!

Peace out,
MRD

4 comments:

  1. I must say I'm halfway through Fated Mates and enjoying the story very much. My heart broke for both Dragon and Liz in the beginning so I'm looking forward to their happy union. :)

    Also looking forward to reading Penny's book soon. I can't read anything Christmas until after Thanksgiving. It's just me... lol

    Glad there'll be a sequel to Fated Mates.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, on Irish Rising. I have everything crossed for you!

    Thanks for the book recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're lucky to have gotten so much reading time in.

    I loved Lora Leigh's Navy seal books, but was disappointed with the editing in a few of them. They went way beyond a few typos. It was enough to turn me off her books. :(

    My fingers are crossed that your publisher loves your newest book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, sweetie!
    Fingers crossed here in Texas, too!

    ReplyDelete