Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Hi all,
Today is the last day to enter the contest. All you have to do is become a follower of the blog and make a comment. I will post the winner on Wednesday's blog.

Being in the festive mood today, tell me about any spooky encounters you have had in your life. My own story has to do with the best apartment hubbie and I ever had. (It was the best because it was the only one with a dishwasher. If you are a follower of the blog, you know my dream is to own a dishwasher.) The apartment was in a house built in 1812 and was supposed to be haunted. The hubs told me this after we signed the lease, of course. Everything seemed fine but every time I was alone in the apartment the stove alarm would beep and it only happened when I was alone. It didn't particularly scare me. One night, though, as it was beeping the foot of the recliner on which I was sitting on also flipped up causing me to spill my wine all over myself. I think I was more angry than scared, because what a waste of good Pinot Noir. So I screamed, "We can both live here. Don't bother me and I won't bother you." It must have done the trick because the beeping stopped. I didn't hear it again until the landlord sold the house and we were moving out. The oven started beeping when we started packing. Maybe "the ghost" was telling us goodbye.

What's your scary story?

Peace out,
MRD

6 comments:

  1. Awww, that's actually a sweet story. It was going to miss you. I'd have been ticked over the spilled wine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my dad's house the cold water faucet didn't work at the sink. You had to turn it on under the sink. My mom was a nurse and worked nights, so she slept all day. Well the cold water used to turn on all by itself while she slept. Used to drive her crazy. Also the backdoor would open and close by itself.
    We used to say "Not sure if it's coming or going!" :o)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's so cute! I would tell it to take a hike too. I haven't really had any experiences like that. At least, not that I'm aware of. Gloria
    geschumann at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't necessarily scary, but certainly weird. It happened in the house that I lived in before this current one. We were hammering something in the dining room and then set the hammer on the dining room table. Went to get something and came back in about 1 minute.

    Then the hammer was hanging on the ladder which was in the living room. Everybody who was in the house said they didn't move it. So that was definitely a what just happened moment!

    Thanks!
    rae.gwendy(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was sweet of it to give you a break. Love your attitude toward it. I would have a been a little more freaked out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, creepy! I have lots of strange happenings in my old farmhouse. I swear the original farmer who lived here still lurks!

    ReplyDelete