Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ants, crock pot, allergy eye- Oh my!!

Ants, crock pot, allergy eye. Oh my! This is how my day started or should say how it continued from the moment I came home last night. The first words out of the hubby's mouth were, "Keep an eye on Sasha's eye. It was weepy today." What I don't understand is why this comes as a surprise to my husband every fall. My cat Sasha gets this every year at this time. We've had her and her brother, the Dread Pirate Roberts, for six years now. Last year, the hubby conned me into taking her to the vet and $125 later, guess what? She has allergy eye! So here we go again...

Ants. I hate ants and it seems I can't get rid of these small brown ants that have invaded my house. This morning they were everywhere in the kitchen. So I had to dig out my pet safe spray and fumigate! "Trolls in the dungeon?" The hubby asked when he stumbled to the bathroom at 4:30 after my battle. Do you think?

The crock pot has become my new best friend. This morning I set up beef stew in it. So by the time I get home from work, I don't have to take precious writing time to cook. It makes my life so much easier and I need that right now. If you have any good recipes, send them my way!

As you all know, one of my brother is getting married in July. One of my friends is also getting married in March. I have set some weight loss goals for myself. I need to lose 30 pounds by Debbie's wedding and 60 by the time my brother gets married. I am on my way. I am not going to get obsessed with the scale at the beginning but my clothes are fitting better lately and I started exercising again. A teacher at my school is teaching Zumba three days a week in the gym. So I will be sweating with the rest of them.

Fated Mates is doing well in the sales. Modest but I think well for an unknown author. I thank all of you for your support. I am in the middle of doing some self edits on Irish Rising before I send it off and then I start on another in the Fated Mates series. I have some big plans!!!

Peace out,
MRD

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the success with Fated Mates. I'm not surprised. The poor kitty hope this passes quickly. :)


    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber. It usually takes a few days to clear up. We usually watch to see if it clears up on it's own before we fight to put the cream in her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, another Fated Mates story, yay! Congrats on your success.

    Hope Sasha gets to feeling better, poor kitty.

    The only thing that's ever worked for me in the ant department was Terro. My hubby was always like 'don't kill them. (because I was smashing them with paper towels) Make them eat the Terro so they take it back to their nest and kill the whole crew." I hate it when he's annoyingly right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you house is going to smell SO good when you get home to your stew! Enjoy!

    Ants..one word...ugh. Hope kittie's eye gets better!

    And congratulations on the sales!

    ReplyDelete