Friday, April 22, 2011

Anything worth having

Is getting what you want worth taking the risk to achieve your goal? I think that writers take risks all the time. Submitting your work to publishers involves taking huge risks. You are putting something out there for people to critique. Sometimes, you get a rejection right away. "We're sorry but your story failed to hold my interest right from the beginning." Other times, you wait and wait. The waiting doesn't mean that the rejections won't come. Sometimes they still do. Does it upset you? Of course it does. But I don't let it get me down. I'm still waiting but the most important thing is that I'm still writing. Someday, I will find a home for what I write that is how much I believe in what I am doing.  So I put myself out there. I blog. I have a very limited website. I belong to writing groups and on-line loops. Surrounding myself with writers helps me realize my dream of getting something published.

Peace Out,
MRD

3 comments:

  1. The best thing I did for myself was ignore criticism from myself and others and simply write everyday. I took all constructive advice to heart and worked to make all necessary changes to an ms in order to get an editor's attention--but I ignored criticism. It's so important to believe in yourself from the very beginning and do the work.
    XXOO Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what Kat said and remember keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing I love most about writing is challenging myself so that I can wow myself and my critters on my growth as a writer (so far it's working). I devour book after writing book just to achieve this. Hopefully this will eventually result in my wow an agent and editor. ;)

    ReplyDelete