Monday, January 24, 2011

Ready for Spring

With the windchill, it is about -11 outside this morning. Doesn't that just make you want to jump up and go to work? I am so over the cold. I am more of of Spring/Summer girl. I know people who say that they would rather be cold because you can layer clothes and then take off each layer as you get warm. But when you are hot, there are no layers that you can take off. Can someone, somewhere, sent us some heat?

Do you ever notice that until someone brings something up, you never have thought about it before, then once they do, you can think nothing but think about it? I will explain. I never once thought about pipes in the house freezing. I read an article on our local new channel about pipes freezing in this cold, now all I can think about is the pipes freezing. My sister just got a new car, a snarky congrats to her. At breakfast yesterday, she looked at me and told me that I should be worried about my car traveling to the university where I am teaching a class on Tuesday nights. Now, all I can think about is my car and traveling those dark, cold highways alone. Why can't someone put good ideas in my head? Having my ms published, winning Powerball...You get the idea. 

Off to take a shower and brave the elements...

MRD

2 comments:

  1. Stay warm it's gonna be bitter out there today. I always worry about the pipes in this weather. I've had them freeze when I lived in NY. Not a pretty sight.
    You'll be fine traveling and spring will be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually let our water faucets drip when it goes really cold out so the pipes don't freeze.

    Good luck in the elements.

    ReplyDelete