Friday, January 7, 2011

New chapters

It has been a crazy week back to work from vacation. So I haven't had a lot of time to blog. To tell you the truth, I haven't had a lot of time to do anything but work but I am trying to fit in writing wherever I can. What I have been doing is going into work extremely early, it is quiet and for about 45 minutes no one will bother me. So I have been working on my manuscript then. I have taken the editor's critique to heart and am adding more "meat" to the story. I had originally thought that one more chapter would complete it but the story and my characters have taken control and it seems that there might be two chapters to finish writing. I am really excited about this and think about it all the time. I know it doesn't sound good but I am actually taking my lunch break at work to also do some writing.

On another note, we are expecting more snow in Rhode Island today into tomorrow. I don't like it. I am afraid that it is going to impact me going to the local meeting of romance writers. There are not going to be outrageous totals of snow like the last time but I tend not to go anywhere when the white stuff is falling. So we will see what the weather brings.

Peace out,
MRD

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the snow will stay away..on the other hand you'll have lots of writing time. Just stay away from the SHOVEL!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're supposed to get our first snow of hte season here in SE Kansas tomorrow. But only about 1 to 3 inches.

    I've been writing about snow in my WIP. Wonder if I'm subconsciously saying I miss snow. Don't know.

    ReplyDelete