Thursday, December 30, 2010

Call me Ms. Procrastinator

I feel that I should be made queen of Procrastinator-land. I am a huge procrastinator. I think that I actually have raised it to an art form. I will push off something that I don't want to do until the very last minute and I do it in every aspect of my life. Let's see some examples:

HOME- I hate doing dishes. I don't have a dishwasher, as I have blogged before. For a brief few years of my life, before we got our house, I did have one and my kitchen was one of the cleanest in the land. It was actually the major selling point of the place. When I saw it, all nice and shiny in the kitchen, it was like the heavens opened up and a choir of angels was singing. Now, since I have to use my two hands, the kitchen is perpetually a mess. I am not proud of this. It's a fact. So instead of doing dishes right now, I am blogging. Later, instead of doing dishes, I will be revision my manuscript. I might even take the husband to see a movie and out to lunch instead of doing dishes.  Who knows? I know that it has to be done either today or tomorrow.Don't think that I am a slob. The rest of the house is immaculate.  It's just those damn dishes!

WORK- I am on vacation this week, so it has been work-lite. I could have taken work home but I have devoted one week to my writing. In my work inbox, I received an e-mail from the university where I taught a class last semester. They want me back to teach the same class for the Spring semester. I am procrastinating responding. It was a lot of work. I know that there are a lot of people out there who think that teachers have a cushy job, blah, blah, blah... Well we really don't. I am not going to get on my soapbox here about that topic. I used to hate Tuesdays because of this course. I would have to drive 70 extra mile to get to the college and home. I hate bridges, so I would dive extra to avoid them, especially at night. My car really stinks.  I need brand new tires and the thought of driving on those dark windy roads frightens me to the core. So, if I hated it so much, why am I not sending a response rejecting the offer. I already have committed myself to supervising the homework club after school. I don't know why I haven't sent the letter yet.

So reporting from Procrastinator-land, my name is Marie Rose Dufour, and I'm signing off!

MRD

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge procrastinator. It drives my hubby crazy because he's the direct opposite! lol :)
    Have fun revising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a procrastinator about laundry. I like to do it only once a week and with our small family, even if I wait a week I only have three loads at a time, but by the time I get the last load in the dryer, I easily forget that it's there. And when I remember, I quickly manage to put it out of my mind for a day or two ... or until the next week on laundry day.

    Good luck having a productive vacation!

    ReplyDelete